2020 Research on Teaching Effectiveness in Policy Award
Deadline: February 28, 2020
ISP will soon be accepting nominations for its award recognizing significant social work contributions to the scholarship of teaching and learning regarding policy analysis and practice. Examples of article topics that may be considered include:
· What teaching strategies and assignments produce optimal learning outcomes for students?
· How have you advanced students’ understanding of and/or interest in policy analysis?
· After students graduate, what is their sense of efficacy in influencing social policy and what do they actually do?
· What assignments, readings, and activities do students identify as pivotal to their learning about social policy and policy practice?
· What innovations in teaching social policy have you piloted? What have been the outcomes?
· How can students advance their policy practice and/or analysis using technology?
♦ Must have appeared in print in a social work journal, or an interdisciplinary journal that includes a focus on social work, during the 2017, 2018, or 2019 calendar years;
♦ Must include a first author who possesses a graduate professional social work or social welfare degree (MSW, Ph.D./DSW), is a current or former faculty member in a social work program, is a student in a social work program, or is a member of Influencing Social Policy; and
♦ Must be a substantive teaching note or report on quantitative or qualitative research that addresses one or more of the questions listed above or related questions that contribute to our understanding of teaching effectiveness in social work and policy.
The author of the winning article will receive a plaque from ISP. Co-authors will receive certificates of recognition. The authors will be honored at MACRO Conference 2020 in St. Louis, May 28-30, 2020.
All nominations must be submitted electronically. Submissions must include the nominated article and a brief statement explaining the reasons for the nomination. Self-nominations are accepted and encouraged.
More information on submission details will be available soon.